DreamLab is an Android application designed to help The Garvan Institute of Medical Research fight the battle against Breast, Ovarian, Pancreatic and Prostate cancer.
To assist in the flight, you can help build a smartphone supercomputer by donating the power and data of your device which will help process the research data and send it back to The Garvan Institute.
With the added computing power from 100,000 smartphones running the DreamLab app, researchers would be able to crunch data 3,000 times faster than they are now.
How to get on board?
- Visit to the Google Play store and search for DreamLab or follow THIS LINK
- Download and install the application
- Open the application and select the projects you wish to support
- Enter your contact details to opt in to be the first the hear about Garvan’s research progress (Quarterly)
- Choose the amount of mobile data you wish to donate
- Put your phone on charge and charge to at least 95%.
You will than be presented with a clock displaying how much time your device as been used to assist with Cancer research.