If you cannot wait, you can force the Windows 10 update / upgrade?
You can do this with just a few easy steps:
- Navigate to “C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download” and delete the previously downloaded updates
- Open Windows Update by hitting the Windows key, typing Windows Update and clicking on it.
- Open up the command prompt by hitting the Windows key and typing in cmd. (Don’t hit enter. Right click and choose “Run as administrator.”)
- Type (but do not enter yet) “wuauclt.exe /updatenow” — this is the command to force Windows Update to check for updates.
- Back in the Windows Update window, click “Check for updates” on the left hand side. It should say “Checking for updates…”
- While this is happening, switch back to the command prompt and enter the command you already typed in.
- You should now see Windows Update say that it is Downloading Windows 10
If you live in Albury / Wodonga or surrounding cities and need further assistance with your computer issues please call TechnoSavvy on 0401500453